Affinity’s 10th year celebration in 2011 also marks the formation of the Affinity Intercultural Foundation’s Advisory Board. The advisory board will serve to assist Affinity in its outreach program. The advisory board offers a wealth of experience as it comprises highly respected personalities within society. Mehmet Saral said “Affinity has become a strong brand in the civil society and will look to make the leap into playing a more focal role in the discourse of society’s issues and problems. The advisory board will not only counsel Affinity on new initiatives but will also serve to promote the message of social harmony within society. We believe we have a strong line up and we look forward to working with them and our friends for a brighter future”.
The advisory board members consist of the following people (alphabetical order) :
• Rev Glenda Blakefield: The Acting General Secretary of the Uniting Church in Australia
• Mr Jim Mein: Director, Schools Ministry at Uniting Church Board of Education
• Mr John Oldmeadow: Former Executive Director Uniting Church NSW Synod Board of Education, & current Director of Dromkeen
• Bishop Kevin Manning: (Former) Bishop Emeritus of Parramatta Catholic Diocese
• Mehmet Saral: One of the Co-Founder of Affinity Intercultural Foundation
• DC Nick Kaldas: NSW Deputy Commissioner
• Mr Peter Manning: Academic, Producer, Author, Writer
• Prof Rosemary Johnston: Head of Education at UTS
• Emeritus Prof Ross Chambers: Retired Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic) for CSU.
• Dr Trish Madigan : Author, researcher and Chair of Interfaith and Ecumenical Commission, Diocese of Broken Bay
• Ms Virginia Greville: Director of the NSW State Office of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
For further information please contact Affinity Intercultural Foundation on 02 8065 2502 or email us at email@example.com